Saturday, June 13, 2009

When your head & the bathroom stall door collide


As I mentioned in a previous post I spent a good part of yesterday in the ER with Alex. Side note they were very efficient and it wasn't an all day affair so I wasn't pleasantly surprised. Mid morning I got a call from Alex's school that he had gotten hurt while entering the bathroom. Another kids had flung his stall door open just as Alex walked buy and got hit in the forehead. Of course he is the perfect height and was hit by both the solid wooden stall door & the door handle. I boogied down there (thankfully it's only 5 minutes away). Golf ball sized egg with a 2" split. It wasn't gushing but was pretty deep so we headed over to the ER just to be safe. So after being examined they were pretty sure he didn't have a concussion but put him on couch rest for 48 hours to be sure. They also glued his gash shut. Fun stuff. You can't see much in the pic but I changed the bandage this morning and it's a beautiful shade of purple underneath.


No comments: