Friday, June 19, 2009

Fenway!









So my boss, Frank, surprised me on Monday by giving me 2 tickets to the Tuesday night Red Sox game with a parking pass (that's huge because parking anywhere near Fenway is $30.00). This is he first time Allen and I had been to a game since around 2003. I went 2 years ago but drank alot of beer and honestly don't remember much.
So we got out of work early and headed into Boston. We were there plenty early enough to strong around Yawkey Way, much on some food (dog for me, sausage for Allen), watch the street performer, pick up a souvenir and wander around. A couple of observations, beer is $7.25 for a cup. Ummmm....it's draft and brands like Budweiser. Why is it $7.25? I bought a 12 pack or Corona the other night for right around $11. Something doesn't seem right. The next observation they sell chowder in the stands. Yes the concession guys walk around selling bowls of chowder. Only in New England.
It was a great game, the Sox won! Can't say we'll be back again soon but it was a great night.

No comments: