Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Try this Recipe

I love when the dinner table is quiet. Don't get me wrong I love it when we are all talking and enjoying each others company too, but that doesn't happen often. Usually one of the kids is complaining about this horrible meal I have presented before them and most likely they will die if they eat it. Tonight was one of those nights, so we banished the complainer to the other room. Then it was quiet. I'm going to do that more often. So while we or at least I was enjoying the silence we were eating this.

Pioneer Woman's Quick Chicken Strips

1 package chicken strips/tenders
buttermilk
2-3 tbls. Lawry's Seasoning Salt (easily becoming a fan favorite with me the more I cook with it)
1 & 1/2 cups flour
oil

So in a bowl cover the chicken with buttermilk and let it hang out for like 20 minutes or so. Meanwhile mix the flour & spice together. Mix about a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup buttermilk to the flour. I thought this was little weird but it works great. Mix it all about. Once the chicken is done soaking start heating the oil and then coat the chicken in the flour mixture. Cook in the hot oil for about 2 minutes on each side. Adding the buttermilk to the flour mixture helps add depth to the coating. It was really good.

I highly recommend her blog, she's got a lot of great recipes on there. I don't think I've made one that we haven't enjoyed.

No comments: