Saturday, June 13, 2009

Weekly Menu 6/14/09-6/20/09

So despite being an absolutely wacky week (Allen got into a minor car accident, one of my friends passed away and I spent a good part of yesterday in the ER with Alex) I was able to stick to the weekly menu for the most part. This week is a partial cupboard cleanout or what ever Jenn calls it. I have a lot of assorted stuff, but I still need to by probably a half shop.

Sunday-Grilled chicken, rice, veggies
Monday-Ziti & Sauce w/garlic bread
Tuesday-Crockpot meal (I'm still deciding, have a couple of options)
Wednesday-Polynesian pork chops w/rice
Thursday-Grilled chicken (we have a lot of marinated chicken in the freezer) stuffing, veggie
Friday-Swim lessons, water aerobic night so maybe beans & hotdogs

Not bad cleans out quite a bit. As far as lunch goes I'm going to make pasta salad (I have alot of assorted 1/2 boxes of pasta), buy some cold meat, and that should cover it. Breakfast, we have oatmeal, english muffins & waffles. Need to buy some cereal (we go through 3 boxes a week) between Allen & the kids. Snacks we have Jello, yogurt, trail mix & freeze pops. Need to buy some fruit (all out!), gummies for the kids, hummus for me & pit chips, some other cracker item for both the kids and Allen. A few other staples are needed as we are out of cat food, litter, milk and a few other things I won't bore you with. So I think it will probably be about 1/2 what I usually spend. Hopefully!

No comments: