Monday, June 8, 2009

Asian Turkey & Rice Slowcooker Soup

Once again I tweaked a recipe to make it work for our family and it came our great. One of the original main ingredients is mushrooms and we both don't like them, at all, so I left them out. It was good, only thing I would change is I use, like always fat free reduced sodium chicken broth. Next time I'll use regular for a bit more flavor or add a fair amount of salt.

Turkey cubed into 1" cubes (I used a package of 1" think turkey cutlets I had bought for something else and didn't make so now they were headed towards freezer burn)
1 & 1/2 cups each chopped carrots & bok choy
1 medium onion chopped
2 cans chicken broth
2 table spoons soy sauce
1 table spoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons ginger. It calls for fresh grated which I don't keep on hand so I used jarred
4 cloves of garlic minced


Cook all of the above on low 8-10 hours, turn off add 1 cup instant rice cover and let sit about 10 minutes. That's it, easy peasy. Enjoy!

No comments: