Sunday, August 5, 2007

Not nearly as exciting as last weekend....

So overall this weekend was pretty boring. Allen worked the Y's 3 on 3 tourney all day Saturday, then we headed over to Frank's for the after tourney cook out that he hosts every year. Pretty fun until Rachel took a header into the dirt, split her lip and now looks like a prize fighter. It was then time to go home. We did go to the Animal Planet Expo at Topsfield Fair Grounds on Sunday with Randy, Kristine and Aisling. They made up for the fact the Expo was lame. I'd have been upset if it had cost anything.

Allen had promised me lunch at the Clam Box in Ipswich so I was looking forward to that. The line was insane (people in front of me were regulars and told me 30 minutes at least from where we were). Then I saw the prices!!!! $21.00 for a large clam plate. HELLO! I realize they are (according to Phantom Gourmet and just about everyone else) the best fried clams around but are you kidding me?!?!?! Needless to say we left. Picked up McD's for the kids and grabbed some steak tips from Butcher Boy a couple of potatoes and made ourselves a nice little lunch for around $16.00. And that was for both of us! Maybe I'll get to try the Clam Box in February when no one goes and the cost of clams is like $10.00. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: