Monday, August 13, 2007

The weekend that went by too fast.....

As I stated earlier, weekend days go by about 10X's faster than work days. I don't get it. Doesn't seem fair. I want to run for office and try and get the world (well I guess just the US) to switch to the 4/3 split.

Anyways, Friday was a alot of yard sale prep. There was a TON of stuff for the yard sale. Saturday up bright and early to set up. Ran the yard sale 8-1 and sold an okay amount of stuff. Made enough for 2 nights out in Key West or 40 frozen drinks from the Flying Monkey-it could go either way. Donated the bulk of what was left to Ron & Patty's church for their yard sale. Big Thanks to Dad for all the stuff he gave us to sell.

Saturday night we took the kids to the beach to play ski ball, arcade games, eat pizza, fried dough and more junk. It's certainly not the beach I remember very fondly as a kid. But Alex and Rachel had a great time. Got a slice from Tripoli's (best Pizza in the world hand's down!), fried dough from Blink's,( No more Happy's German Fries, what's up with that?) lots of ski ball and other games. The kids had a blast, have to say we did too.

Sunday Ron and Patty graciously hosted a cook out at their house. It was great seeing everyone. The kids again had a blast. Jenn decided to invite Alex, Rachel and Aisling over next Saturday for a Princess/Prince party and sleepover. Not exactly sure she knows what she's getting into, but I will most definitely enjoy the night to myself!

1 comment:

Jennifer & Robert Lawson said...

I think I know what I'm in for.....pure chaos!!! I actually sent Rachel & Aisling an evite invitation to your (and Kristine's) e-mail address.

I thought they would like getting an e-mail of their own. Also put down what we were doing.