Friday, December 31, 2010

Spicy Asian Chicken Wraps

I'm loving a new blog.   It's great and hosted by two ladies from Andover, who happen to be former classmates of a friend of mine from the Y.  Another food lover, Claudia, told me about this blog while we were in deep discussion about Top Chef.  Seriously that's what we talk about at work.  http://www.wearenotmartha.com/.  Check it out.  Anywho, this next recipe is from this site, and I will review it during the week, but this one in particular I am looking forward to making.

Ingredients;

2 & 1/2 oz. bean threads (or cellophane noodles)
1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro (is there a better smell than fresh cilantro?  I don't think so)
1 T chile paste w/garlic
2 t sesame oil
2 cups cooked chicken breasts chopped up
12 large Boston lettuce leaves
1 t minced ginger

Prepare noodles as directed, rinse them with cool water and chop them up.  Combine cilantro, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger& chile paste in a large bowl.  Add noodles & chicken to mixture and stir well.  Take about 1/3 cup of mixture and put in middle of lettuce leaf.  Roll it up and eat it.  That's it.  When I make it I may cook the ginger with the chicken.  I'll let you know when I review it.

No comments: