Monday, January 3, 2011

Review-Spicy Asian Chicken Wraps

#1 By Spicy they mean spicy  Next time I need to cut the Chile paste in 1/2.  They were basically inedible.  I mean I could have kept eating them but after the first one my lips & mouth were on fire.

#2 Boston lettuce leaves stink.  They completely fall apart.  Need to find a better substitution.

#3 I added fresh ginger when the chicken was cooking.  Nice additon, plus I never use fresh ginger.  That stuff smells incredible.

#4 When the pacakge of bean threads , or celeophane noodles says sook 10-15 mintues, yeah let it, in fact go more towards the 15 mintues, otherwise the sharpest of teeth can't bite through them.

#5  I added some shitake mushrooms since I had them, I'm not a big mushroom fan, but these weren't bad.

So needless to say it wasn't a huge success, but I'd probably try it again.  It was easy, and despite being very spicy, it has a ton of flavors I like. 

Next up Thai Coconut Chicken

No comments: