Wednesday, September 1, 2010

1st Day of School

The kids were excited this morning to head off to their new school.  A little nervous but mostly excited, so much so that they were ready 45 minutes before it was time to leave.  We headed off realized it was still too early to do drop off, so made a quick trip to the ATM and back to the school.  As we sat in the drop off line we realized we could park and walk in today, and Alex, being Alex, thought that was the best idea.  I could see the nerves creeping in a bit for both of them, but once in the playground area they eased up.  Alex was psyched because one of the kids from his class at St. Monica's transfered as well, and is in his class.  Rachel quickly found her teacher and left me in the dust, telling me not to follow her.  (I snuck over to the 1st grade line up before I left and waved goodbye, must to her dismay.)  Alex headed off and I was left standing there alone.  Hopefully pick up time will be as smooth.

They had no interest in standing any closer to each other.  Check out Alex's skinny jeans, he loves them.




I convinced them to act like they like each other.


I love this picture of him!


The shirt started off tucked in, but kept coming out so I gave up.


Finally got a smile out of the little chick!

No comments: