Sunday, October 17, 2010

Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Noodle Soup

One of the few meals I actually made last week.  Came out great, made a ton, and will made again.  Great winter meal.

Ingredients

4 cups chooked chicken (leftovers, store bought, however I used 2 large raw chicken breasts and then shredded them once I turned off the crockpot)
1 cup each diced onions,  chopped celery, chopped carrots
1/2 cup frozen peas
4 cans low sodium chicken broth
2 cans cream of soup (you could use whatever, I happened to use cream of chicken, but the recipe calls for cream of mushroom with roasted garlic-but I am not a fan of this)
2 tspns herbs.  Such as tarragon, parsley, tarragon, chives etc.
salt & pepper to tasts
2 cups egg noodles

So put everything in the crock pot cook on low about 8 hours, if you use whole chicken breasts shred and return to soup, add 2 cups noddles, turn off crock pot and let sit about 20 minutes or so stirring occasionally.  There you go.

No comments: