Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Slow Cooker Cabbage Rolls

I've never tried stuffed cabbage leaves,or as I found out last night golomki's, (you should have seen me online trying tolook up the spelling of that-I thought they were glumpky's-I'm not Polish).  These were awesome.  My only revision next time will be more tomato sauce, other than that they were perfect and according to Allen the 2nd best he's ever had.  I'll take 2nd best to an old Polish lady anytime.

Ingredients


12 leaves cabbage

1 cup cooked white rice

1 egg, beaten

1/4 cup milk

1/4 cup minced onion

1 pound extra-lean ground beef

1 1/4 teaspoons salt

1 1/4 teaspoons ground black pepper

1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce

1 tablespoon brown sugar

1 tablespoon lemon juice

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions

1.Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Boil cabbage leaves 2 minutes; drain.

2.In large bowl, combine 1 cup cooked rice, egg, milk, onion, ground beef, salt, and pepper. Place about 1/4 cup of meat mixture in center of each cabbage leaf, and roll up, tucking in ends. Place rolls in slow cooker.

3.In a small bowl, mix together tomato sauce, brown sugar, lemon juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over cabbage rolls.

4.Cover, and cook on Low 8 to 9 hours.

No comments: