Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Loudon

We had great seats, not far from the start/finish line about 18 rows up. That's turn one that this is looking at, awesome wreck-caused by Kyle Busch-took out 6 cars.





Check out all those clouds, I however still got a sunburn. Only I can get sunburned in the rain.






$10.00 per car, probably had 150 cars. Nice little chunk of money for the day.



Evey year my Dad and I go to the Nascar races at New Hampshire Motor Speedway. Unfortunately there is some sort of curse that always makes it rain when we go. This year was no exception, but it did hold off until almost the end of the race. It doesn't really matter if it rains, it's just an annoyance, we have a great time regardless. We have our rituals, we bring a cooler, stop for beer somewhere along the way (oh yeah and we always hit the Dunkin's on Pelham St. so I can get an ice coffee and then I run over to the ATM because I always forget to get money the day before!), then we park at Lane's (NHMS has a great deal where they provide buses from all the private lots), we stand around and drink a few beers, chat and then head over to the race. We wander around checking out the trailers, eat, watch the race, walk around some more, eat a little more, watch some more racing then head home. Probably doesn't sound that exciting to most people but I look forward to it every year----and it has nothing to do with the race--I just like spending the time with my Dad.

No comments: