Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Boot Camp...Day One!

So I signed up for a boot camp for YMCA staff. It's run by this woman Sharon, who trains tri-athletes. That right there should tell you I do not belong in this class. But I went and it kicked my very round butt. She made me do horrible things like run, crunches, lunges, mountain climbers, more running, more crunches, push ups, an obstacle course that was not made for someone 4'9".

I was winded, panting actually, bright red in the face but I didn't give up. I went slower than, well everyone in the class when it came to the running. I ran for a while then jogged, then brisk walking. But I did it. Now I hurt. My thighs are on fire and I'm crabby because I ache all over. I am sure tomorrow I will walk like I am 100. But my gym bag is already packed and tomorrow morning I am determined to do a mile on the treadmill. Maybe even a little weights for the arms.

Turning over a new healthy leaf. Next Wednesday at Boot Camp I am determined to do better!

No comments: