Thursday, September 18, 2008

Pulled Pork Recipe...Yum!

I was just thinking the other day I should post about my crock pot and how much I use it, and wa la Jenn does exactly that. Great minds think alike. So here's a great Pulled Pork Recipe I wanted to share.

Ingredients

Pork Loin (I usually buy one that's a couple of pounds so I have left overs)
1 contained of Kraft Hickory BBQ Sauce
1 onion sliced thin
2 tbls. vinegar (you can use flavored...last night I used balsamic and it was yummy)
salt & pepper

So just dump all the ingredients on top of the pork loin in your crock pot, set to low and cook for 8 hours. Sometimes mine cooks for more than that since who really works only 8 hours. Turn the crock pot off and take out the pork loin. At this point I use 2 forks and pull off the fatty layer. I let it cook with it on so it adds flavor but I certainly don't need to be eating it. Then shred the pork and dump back into the crock pot. Stir it around and let it sit for about 20 minutes or so while you make your side dishes. Then serve it on rolls. Yummy and super easy!

No comments: