Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I hate these little suckers!


Anyone who's ever been in our yard in the fall knows we have acorns. Some years are worse than others, this year is horrible. The tree in the center of our yard is loaded with them. I know, I know everyone says cut it down but it is great during the summer for shade. So we live with the acorns.


I started raking acorns on Saturday because they were out of control. Raked again on Sunday and got the bulk of the main part of the yard 100% acorn free. That took 5 BAGS! Yes I have 5 bags of acorns at the end of my drive way. No I am not exaggerating. Now I get out of work yesterday and come home and they are everywhere again. I rake another 1/2 bag. Go out again this morning, they are everywhere. I rake another 1/4 bag. The kicker is the top half of the tree is still loaded with them. This is insane! To boot the whole time we are out there we are dodging them because they drop out of the tree constantly. And not 1 at a time more like 6. I take my life into my hands every time I got out in the yard. Now whats worse than acorns? Squirrels! Honestly I think we have about 20 that live in our yard.
I could just kill 2 birds with one stone and cut the tree down, then the squirrels will start to leave because they don't have anything to eat. We will have to ponder that thought.

No comments: