Monday, October 3, 2011

Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings

Made this tonight for dinner (yes I know it's only 5 pm and I'm already blogging about it-we ate like old people today).  This was very good, I would make some alterations next time which I will write in a bit.

Ingredients

4 boneless chicken breasts
2 T butter
2 cans cream of chicken soup
water
1 onion finely diced
1 can corn
2 packs biscuit dough torn into pieces
herbs & spices of your liking (I used poultry seasoning, thyme & parsley)

place chicken, butter, soup, corn & onion in crock pot, and fill with water to cover.  I used 2 cans of water.  Cook on low 8 hours.  Put biscuit pieces over the top and cook for another 30 minutes.

This was very good but I couldn't get past the slimyness of the dumplings.  I think next time I will just make bisucits and ladle the chicken & gravy over the top.  Botht he kids really liked the chicken this way.  Alex even asked if there were leftovers could he have it for lunch tomorrow.  That my friends is a success.

No comments: