Sunday, August 16, 2009

Trip to the ER


I forgot to post this earlier. Two Tuesday's ago Alex and I got to spend the morning in the ER at Holy Family. Why? you ask. Well while waiting for the Camp Otter bus Alex decided to jump over a tree branch. He missed and one of the smaller branches impaled his knee. He was screaming, jumping around with what I thought was a bone sticking out. I realized it was a stick and pulled it out. We went to the ER for X-Rays to make sure there wasn't any more in there and to make sure there was no internal damage.


Once again the staff at Holy Family was great. Pretty fast too. We got there at 8 am and were home at 11:30 and that included a trip to the pharmacy for antibiotics. Good news is he is fine and running and jumping around like normal.

Yeah I realize it's tough to tell what is what with all the marks on his knee. What can I say he's a 7 year old boy. It's the oval shaped one near the top of his knee with the scrape above it.

No comments: