Wednesday, August 27, 2008

For the Love of the Marinade


Anyone who's ever gandered in my fridge knows I love marinades. Just look at the door and at any random time there's at least 4 marinades, plus Worcestershire Sauce, Soy Sauce, etc, etc, etc. So on either the drive to or from the Gretchen Wilson concert the other night Jenn mentioned that when she puts her groceries away at the beginning of the week she puts marinade right on the meat then and it's ready when she's ready to cook it. Hmmmm...


I usually do all the meat shopping at McKinnon's in Windham. I love that place. I buy chicken in bulk and just separate it into freezer bags. This premarinading thing would definitely work for me. Going back to the chicken in bulk, how can you beat this. Just shy of 4 lbs. of chicken tenders for $8.50. Gotta love that. So I buy the chicken today, separate it into 4 bags (you remember the previous post about the kids not eating meat that includes chicken) and put the marinade right in the bag. Seal it up, write on the outside which kind it is and presto bingo it's like having McKinnon's right in my freezer. Love that. Plus it helped empty two of the bottles that were currently in my fridge freeing up some door space for well, more marinades.


By the way our current, or at least my, current fave is Kraft Roasted Red Pepper Italian Dressing as a marinade. It is awesome. Though today I did open a Shanghai marinade that I am anxious to try. I'll keep you posted. Though Jenn did mention she has a new favorite made by Goya that has a Citrus base. We'll have to try that one soon.


Oh and just because I'm loving my new camera here's a picture.

No comments: