Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Asian Noodle Salad


A few people asked me at the reunion for this recipe, while I can't remember who exactly asked for it so I'll post it here and you all can enjoy. It's a bit of work but worth it. I did make it the day before so the flavors would mingle (I did try a small bowl right after making it and it was good). Here goes


1 package Asian noodle cooked, drained, and cooled. I didn't use rice noodles but something else that was near that sort of like a spaghetti.


1/2 each of Napa Cabbage (don't take the easy way and use regular Cabbage the Napa is much better) Red Cabbage, both shredded

1/2 bag of baby spinach

1 each red, yellow and orange pepper sliced thin

1 bunch of scallion chopped

1 small bag of bean spouts

1 cucumber (or as Rachel calls then cumumbers) peeled and sliced thin

a handful or more of cilantro depending on how much you like it


Mix all of the above together then make the dressing and mix.


Dressing


8 tbls. olive oil

2 tbls. sesame oil

6 tbls. soy sauce

1/2 cup brown sugar

2 cloves chopped garlic

1 jalapeno diced

3 tbls. diced fresh ginger (I didn't have fresh and use 1 1/2 tbls. out of a jar and afterwards thought it should have had more)

Another hand full of chopped cilantro


Mix everything very well and cover salad


No comments: