Monday, July 30, 2007

Date Night!

So I mentioned in yesterdays post that Allen and I had a date night, with the help of Grammy & Pepere of course. Alex and Miss B spent the evening with their grandparents-who spoiled them rotten by the way. We're talking new puzzles, pizza and Mickey Mouse or Snowman pancakes in the morning. Allen and I headed up to Manchester to a recommended restaurant called Gauchos Brazilian Steakhouse http://www.gauchosbraziliansteakhouse.com/index.html. Wow ! What a great meal. If you are a serious eater this is the place to go. Prime Rib was out of this world. You flip your little card to green and the food just keeps coming. Flip it back to red and they wait. 7 kinds of steak, turkey, pork roast, ribs so forth and so on. There are veggies and stuff too but the skewers of meat were out of this world.

So after dinner we headed back to Methuen to go to the movies. Decided on Harry Potter since I just saw the last one on HBO, yeah I know I'm behind the times. To boot (okay you rabid fans don't read this part) I haven't read the books. I know I know. Don't go there with me I just haven't, but I do enjoy the movies. So we had an hour to spare so we grabbed a drink at Joe's and then enjoyed a non animated movie.

What a treat dinner where we didn't have to cut up anyone's meal, ask for a clean up from spilled milk and a movie WE wanted to see. It was a beautiful evening! Not that I would trade being a Mom for anything but once in a while a night out without is nice.

1 comment:

Jennifer & Robert Lawson said...

WOW! The restaurant looks crazy! I've never heard of something like that before. I bet you and Al had a great time.

Man you are late on the Harry Potter, I went opening night. LOL. I didn't wear a cape or wand though, left them at home.

TTFN.