Saturday, January 9, 2010

Props!

Big props going out to two local establishments.  First is one I have given props to before, McKinnons.  I went today (budget minded to boot), to buy meat for the next two weeks and not go crazy overboard,but also not have to eat chicken every night.  I managed to get meat to cover 13 dinners, and that includes steak for tonight, for just about $36.00.  Alright you math whizes what's that, $2.75 per night?  Take out the steak and you're looking at $2.40 per night.  Crazy!

Second props is Wichit on Union Street in Lawrence.  Phenomenal sandwiches.  I mean probably some of the best I've ever had.  They use only organic ingredients, and the sandwiches aren't your typical ham and cheese.  I've tried the Cubano (excellent), So Cal (really good) and my favorite The Antipasto (prosciutto, grilled asparagus, big slice of fresh mozzarella & balsamic glaze on a asiago focaccia.  It's heaven.

No comments: