Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Baked apples with chicken Thighs-Recipe Review

I made this last evening for dinner, sorry no pics.  Overall rating very good, except one major thing, Allen and I have both come to the conclusion we don't like chicken thighs.  I would make this again with chicken breasts.  So here goes.

5 cups peeled diced apples (I used Braeburn)
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
one small diced onion
4 cloves garlic diced, crushed whatever
1/2 tsp. sage (next time I will use a little more)
salt & pepper
chicken

Mix first 6 ingredients and place in baking dish.  Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper, put on top of apple mixture.  Bake at 475 until chicken reaches 165-170 internal temp.  This took about 40 minutes for me, more because the chicken was still partially frozen.  Remove chicken from dish, mash apple mixture serve together.  It was good, Allen thought so as well and said he'd like it again only with chicken breasts instead.  See that's what I get for trying to save some money.

No comments: