Thursday, September 17, 2009

Quesadillas de Camarones

Wow!  That's all I can say.  I'm a quesadilla girl, I just love them, but I'd never had shrimp ones.  I saw a recipe for them on a site that's never steered me wrong, so I decided to try them.  They are delicious.

Ingredients

Tortillas
8-12 large shrimp, peeled & deveined
8 oz. Mexican red sauce
1 large onion, red pepper, green pepper
2 cups shredded cheese


Cover the shrimp with the red sauce and set aside.  I used the Old El Paso enchilada sauce because it was all I could find and it worked great.  Chop up the veggies and add them to the skillet.  Cook them over high until the soften up and get brownish.  Remove them from the skillet, or use another one if you feel like dirtying up a bunch of dishes.  Now dump the shrimp in the skillet with the sauce.  Cook stirring occasionally until shrimp are opaque.  Remove the shrimp and chop them up.
In a new skillet heat some butter, or butter spray or whatever your fancy is.  Place tortilla down and layer ingredients starting with and ending with cheese.  Top with another tortilla.  Remember to flip it to cook the other side.  I do a terrible job on the flip and this time was no exception.  Serve with whatever side items you like, guac, sour cream, salsa etc.

No comments: