Thursday, December 11, 2008

Props!

I like local businesses. I believe in doing my business, when possible, with local companies, family owned restaurants etc. rather than putting money into the pocket of big companies. Sometimes you can't avoid it. I mean come on why wouldn't you shop at places like Wal-Mart and Target. It has to be hard running a family owned business especially in this economy. So I like to give props to the places I love to help bring more business to them. Then we can all keep enjoying them.

Mann's-You have to swing by and try their country lunch (M-F 10-2). They usually have a selection of about 6 items, all around $6. Freshly made and delicious. I had a stuffed acorn squash there about a month ago that I am still thinking about.

Mi Mexican Lindo-Hands down best Mexican place around. Food is awesome, and the drinks! A pitcher of house Margarita (Sauza brand) $19.00. Can't beat that. We were there last weekend and I ordered a new kind of margarita, just a glass in case you were wondering. I didn't care for it, so they gave me a different one at no charge.

Tripoli's-Best pizza in the world. I think the place has been open since the 50's and they probably haven't changed a thing. Why mess with perfection?

I highly recommend any of the above places. Swing by and give them a try.

No comments: