Tuesday, August 2, 2011

OOB!

I alwats wondered what those bumper stickers were that said OOB.  I think Kristine has one, that's how it finally dawned on me that it was Old Orchard Beach.  Sometimes I'm a little slow with things.  Anywho, we went up to OOB mid July and hung out at Dad & Lyn's cottage.  It was awesome, the weather perfect, we had a great time hanging out with them, Renee & Dillon.  Darren & Veronica joined us for dinner one evening.  It was great.  Here are some pics.


Riding the Matterhorn.  Very similar to the Himalaya at Salisbury when we were kids.  OOB reminds me alot of Salisbury back when it was decent.  OOB is cleaner though, even when Salisbury was at it's best that I can remember.


This was one of the kids favorite rides.  It's a big slide.  Rachel did go on the Galaxy roller coaster, that was her favorite.  Me, not so much.


Hanging at the beach!




The water was decent, not overly freezing.  I mean considering we're off the coast of Maine, in mid July it was probably what people would consider warm.  Me not so much.  I much perfer Key West ocean water.



Alex has wanted a boogie board forever.  We've never gotten him one, because well, he doesn't like the water.  But he's gotten better over the last year or so and Grampa & Auntie Lyn came through and got all the kids Boogie boards of their choosing.  These were Alex's first attempts at riding it.  I kept having to remind him it's a boogie board not a surf board. 




He figured it out and had a blast.  Rachel needs another year or so to grow and develop some upper body strength and she'll do fine.




The kids had fun playing in the water and on the sand.  We later walked down to a nearby restaurant to listen to some live music and have a bite to eat.  That night we munched our way around the Center and did more rides and games.  Sadly I forgot to take a picture of my flaming red sunburn.  Pity it was quite the site. 

OOB was awesome, I would go back there in a heart beat.  Perfect summer vacation spot!

No comments: