Saturday, November 27, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree!

Our tradition over the past few years is to buy a real Christmas tree Thanksgiving weekend.  We've purchased at the same place for the 3 years (over by Texas Roadhouse for those of you who are curious).  For the most part I think we've did well, the trees have been nice and we've only spent around $40.00.  We went over today to pick up the tree so it could sit overnight, with intentions of decorating it tomorrow.  We picked out a beauty of a tree, a Fraser Fir, we were told and then were told it was $80.00.  I mentioned I didn't have that on me only $50.00 so we would need to go to the ATM (really we were leaving, I was not spending $80.00 on a tree that will be by the curb in 5 weeks.).  We went back to the car and one of the guys from the lot came over and knocked on the window of my car.  It's Christmas, you can't leave without a tree you can have it for $50.00.  Sold!  Now according to Wikipedia it's the most popular type of tree for Christmas.  News to me, but it is gorgeous.  Here's a pic before we decorated.

No comments: