Monday, March 30, 2009

Veggie Quesadilla




Evey once in a while I get lunch from Mann Orchard. I don't think I've ever had anything that wasn't awesome. This past week I checked out the weekly menu online and swung by to pick up the Summer Squash quesadilla. It had someone name but essentially that's what it was. It came with a black bean & corn side salad for only $5.75 and let me tell you I wanted to lick the Styrofoam container clean it was that good. I knew it was something I could duplicate at home so I gave it a whirl today at lunch time. Please make this recipe at home, it is awesome.

Basically it's pepper & onion mix, some sliced zucchini & summer squash. Sauteed until tender, add in some fajita seasonings. Next brown a tortilla, sprinkle some cheese to hold it together, add your filling, top with a little more cheese and another tortilla. Flip it to brown the other side. For me that's always the tricky part when making quesadillas. Serve with side of black bean salad for more filler and there you go. Couple photos, because, well I like to take them.

No comments: