Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Progress Report

My yearly calendar is full of the usual stuff, family dates, appointments, work schedules, vacations and St. Monica's info. One date in particular we were looking forward to was October 19-Progress Reports. Alex's very first and more proof that our son is brilliant. It was very official looking in a brown envelope with his name and date. I couldn't wait so I opened it in the Y parking lot.

Comments like knows all his upper and lower case letters, working on soft and hard vowels, reading at level, excellent language skills. Yep I knew it, stand out in his class. Wait a minute......Needs improvement! Apparently the little guy has ants in his pants. To boot he's a chatter box. All the academics stuff is at level or better and the behavior stuff is all needs improvement. Now thinking back I do remember getting most talkative in my class so that may have been passed down to him. Hmmmm....after speaking with Gail I find out Allen had all the same issues when he was little, the ants in the pants part. I guess the apple really doesn't fall to far from the tree. I guess it's better than needs improvement on the academics and at level for the behavior. He'll just be a social rocket scientist or doctor!

No comments: